We are wanting to switch from Windows Server to Linux Mint for our main monitoring systems yet are having some difficulties meeting some key requirements. We have successfully loaded and configured our application server side yet cannot get the client app to run on the same machine. We would also like to use RDP Client (from Windows) connected to XRDP (Linux Mint) in order to have GUI remote desktop control.
The goals of the project are:
1) Load a fresh copy of Linux Mint on a new piece of hardware and update to current (done)
2) Load Google Chrome on the machine (not Chromium) (done)
3) Load Ubiquiti AirControl 64 Bit Server and Client on the machine (done)
[login to view URL]
4) Open a browser and go to http://machine IP:9081 to login to AirControl and update to current
4) Place shortcut for the AirControl Client on the desktop
5) Solve the issue as to why the client will not fully load and run. Server seems to work fine,
client app won't load, possible Open GL requirement issue
4) Load XRDP (or better) remote desktop server on the machine to allow for remote
connections from Windows machines with a working gui.
First goal is to get the AirControl Client working on Linux Mint in the cleanest manner with minimum steps and packages.
Next goal is to configure the machine for a working remote desktop session using RDP if possible (or better) Performance is the priority as our techs will need to remotely access the machine and run the AirControl Client to troubleshoot problems.
Any services required need to be in the boot sequence so they work from a dead start. The goal is a clean load, with the most efficient number of steps. The steps that are already done need no documentation.
Feel free to reach out if you have questions. Also indicate if you are available on an ongoing basis as we have more to do in the future.
7 freelancers are bidding on average $142 for this job
Hello, Im a linux system administrator and I have 6 years of working experience. I believe that I can help you with this project, and you can contact me to start working on it. Thanks.