Project is to build a Linux Live CD with some specific pre-installed apps/config.
System should be able to install on HD or run from Live CD.
Probably using Puppy (but will accept any other light Linux).
System will be running on a Fit PC2 (check specs at [url removed, login to view])
- Needs pre-configured with all drivers (WiFi, Vid Card, Sound Card etc) for Fit PC2 (I can provide CD, if these do not already come with the Linux distro)
- Needs drivers for a DisplayLink USB screen (should be configured as primary screen, again if does not come with Linux distro);
- Needs drivers for an eGalax touchscreen (this will be the only input when running);
- Needs to run Wine;
- Needs SeaClear II (under Wine) installed;
- Needs to have a USB port configured as a virtual serial port receiving NMEA data at 34,800 baud (data will be coming in from AIS system: [url removed, login to view] - I have drivers CD, but linux driver should be available on net);
- Needs any additional drivers for the AIS installed;
- Needs to have the setup program for the AIS installed (can run under Wine - I have this on CD, can send);
- Needs to have a USB port configured to drive a USB-TO-SERIALRS232 (eg. [url removed, login to view]) sending AND receiving NMEA data at 4,800 baud
- Needs to boot asap straight into SeaClear II (under Wine) from power-on
- Needs to not complain if powered-down abruptly and then restarted. Should still boot automatically into SeaClear with no complaining messages;
- SeaClear configured to receive GPS and AIS NMEA data from the AIS via virtual COM Port at 34,800 baud
- SeaClear configured to receive Wind/Log/Depth NMEA data from the USB-Serial virtual COM port at 4,800
- SeaClear configured to send GPS and Track/Route data to the USB-Serial virtual COM port at 4,800 (no AIS data)
- Will use an external DVD drive (so needs drivers for this if not pre-installed with Linux version);
- Will occasionally use HDMI screen (so needs drivers for this if not pre-installed with Linux version);
- Will occasionally use USB mouse (so needs drivers for this if not pre-installed with Linux version);
- Will occasionally use USB keyboard (so needs drivers for this if not pre-installed with Linux version).
Ideally, should also:
- Have Google Earth installed;
- Have some Google Earth info pre-cached and available to view off-line (area to be discussed);
- Have GooPS installed to interface GPS data from COM Port with Google Earth;
- Have some maps for SeaClear pre-installed (I will provide);
- Be able to play videos from DVD drive;
- Have any unnecessary items removed.
Initially, this is a private project for myself personally. I have got part-way through but am not a Linux expert. I have got the system running under XP, but believe Linux from Live CD will be more robust solution.
I may be able to interest other people in a similar set-up. Agreement may include additional payment based on any follow-on sales.
4 freelancers are bidding on average £181 for this job
I specialize in linux distribution customization, i have complete 2 jobs doing this and have received perfect feedback on booth. I am fully capable of completing this task, pm me if you have any questions.