I need someone to develop and document a Linux virtual machine. This vm will be used as a virtual test lab server for my customers to test my product against competative products. Because I want the developer to maintain neutrality, I am not going to provide the name or type of product.
You may start with any Linux distribution of your choice, but the following needs to be installed.
6) DHCP (Client on external IP) (Server on internal IP Please use non-routable address space)
7) FTP Server
8) POP3 Server
9) SMTP Server
A gui or web based management tool would be a cool plus, and might make your company look good as well.
The testing scenario will look like this.
Client Machine-- Virtual Server---Secret Appliance--- Internet.
I'll need you to provide documentation that contains the following.
1) How to connect a client machine to recieve an IP address and DNS Routing information via DHCP.
2) How to connect this client machine to a SAMBA file share residing on the device. The file share must be read write.
3) How to configure POP3 and SMTP email.
4) How to configure the server to go an Internet Connection. Grab DHCP info as a client.
5) How to configure the Virtual Appliance on a Virtual Host with 2 Physical NICs.
You are encouraged to use your own name and logo for the documentation, as well as provide contact information, however my company will retain the right to solely distribute this appliance as a virtual test lab for one year. You may also place a splash page that identifies your organization on the front page.
We expect to distribute this to approximately 200 enterprise customers.
All documentation that is delivered my be editable. PDF's will not be accepted.
A couple of notes.
Since this is a testing environment only, ease of setup takes priority over security.
There is no need to go overboard on VM size, because this appliance will not have an overwhelming amount of data. I plan to load this appliance with some sample data in the samba file share, some tables in the database. And send some emails through the server.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to working with a good person on this project.
13 freelancers are bidding on average $712 for this job
Hi, I can create such a VM, will provide you with proper/full documentation including screenshots and sample config [url removed, login to view] take a look at my profile.Thanks.
I would love to work on this project. This is the type of project I enjoy. Please PM me if you require any more information. I'm UK based and hold a degree in software engineering. Kind Regards Steven Williamson