We have a large database estate with many database clusters and are looking for a MySQL / MariaDB specialist for ongoing long term support engagement.
You will need in-depth knowledge of:
- MySQL and MariaDB
- Replication options (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Performance optimization techniques
- Query optimization and rewriting
- Linux, especially file systems and storage stack tuning
In your proposal, please answer the following questions:
1) Briefly describe and explain configuration of one of the synchronous (not asynchronous) replication methods available in MySQL or MariaDB?
2) At peak times, you are notice that the MySQL server's response times are very poor. You look at the output of SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST; and you notice there are a lot of queries in "opening tables" state. What configuration option would you look at changing first?
3) You have a query that is indexed as well as it can be, but requires a very large, expensive sort operation due to having a GROUP BY clause that spans fields in multiple tables. Describe a technique you would use to enable you to make that query fully indexable and avoid the sorting operation?
4) You are required to carry out performance analysis and optimisation on a busy server. Explain the steps you would follow to identify the most problematic queries and sub-optimal server configuration.
5) You are tasked with configuring a new MariaDB server for a project. Only InnoDB storage engine will be used. List the settings you would configure each layer of the storage stack with, including file system (of your preference) and RAID (or equivalent), and how those would match up with any relevant MariaDB level configuration.
22 freelancers are bidding on average £38/hour for this job
Hi, I will configure server as per the requirement. I do have more than 11 years of expertise in web hosting, server setup, optimisation, MySQl configuration, etc Please discuss to start. Thank you.
Dear Client Hope all is well with you. I would like to offer my services for this job. Thanks and Regards. Relevant Skills and Experience Tuning any size of data and make them responsive.