Tallion Recruitment are looking for a NOC Engineer on a permanent basis in Hampshire to be a technical lead and mentor the team and help prioritise work to meet service targets.
You will be comfortable to perform second pass problem determination and troubleshoot incidents, whilst making and acting on your recommendations for improvement.
Working as a wider team, you'll maintain handover logs, ticket updates, reporting and ensure a good transition between each shift.
This role works on a shift pattern that includes Day, Night, Weekend and Bank Holiday working. You will also be required to be part of an informal standby rota. A shift allowance is applicable.
face to face-with a technical test involved.
All their staff need to achieve Security Clearance. That requires a minimum of 5 years residency.
Shift pattern-4 week cycle
Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun
A WEEK AFTER-Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs
Mon, Tues, Wed
Fri, Sat, Sun
• Proven successful track record of within the IT or related industry
• Excellent OS skills of Linux
• Working knowledge of VMWare (vSphere, vBlock, vCloud, vShield Edge, NSX)
• Working knowledge of Network technologies (Cisco products and Cisco CLI, Switch, ASA/Firewall, UCS Blade servers/Other Blade servers, VPNs, Network Layers(OSI))
• Solid analytical problem solving skills
• Excellent team working and continuous learning approach
• Good communication skills with written accuracy
• Experience of running a business critical platform in a 24/7 environment
• Experience with helpdesk tools within an ITIL environment
• ITIL qualified
• Disciplined, organised and self-motivated
• Competitive salary £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience plus 10% bonus
• 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
• Contributory pension
• Life cover
• Access to free parking
• Active social and charity events
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Onsite facilities
• Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
the position is based in Hampshire