We play an online game and have a set of software that we use to Manage our day to day operations. This software includes forums, instant message chat (jabber), VOIP chat solution (teamspeak3), which is all tied to the in-game API (authenticated by a forum plugin called “Temars”).
Today we install this software for other people(customer) however it is a time intense process. The customer signs up for a server through a hosting company. If we install manually, it can take 3-4 hours to get everything up and running. At one point we had hosting service that would copy a clone of an existing image. We would then go in and make minor updates to ip addresses, passwords, etc. This process would take 30-60 minutes.
The project needs an automated solution that will:
• Setup a new server/instance with current updates for new customers (we’re currently using ubuntu)
• Install and configure the various up-to-date software components
o Instant Message chat (Jabber)
o VOIP chat solution (Teamspeak3)
o API Tool (Temars)
o Cron Jobs
• The solution should not take a lot of time/complexity. Less than 30 minutes and/or very few interactive commands
We also need the solution to be able to push fixes and additional software/features as they become available.
• There are plans to create new software features that we want to be able to install for customers that want the feature/software
• if there are fixes, upgrades, etc, we need a fast easy solution for people who pay to get updates.
• People who don’t pay, won’t/can’t get the upgrade/new feature.
Most of the customers will have little to no linux knowledge. It is safe to say that our knowledge is entry level and we’ll be doing the initial install and future updates for customers however the server will be theirs and technically not maintained/managed by our group. This is a key feature to ensure the customer’s data is protected and controlled by them.
Please provide an estimate how long you think this will take and what from your background makes you a good fit for this job.
Note: I am not considering additional bids at this time.
16 freelancers are bidding on average $18/hour for this job
Hi I have great experience with automatization server setup, install bash scripts, packagings and etc. You may read reviews in my profile. I can help you automate everythin what you want.