I run a virtual cloud server with windows, from my macbook computer. It drops the connection every few days, and I don't know why and I don't know how to use Event Viewer to find what I need to know.
The cloud server is used almost exclusively to run a trading platform running robotic algorithms, so it can be dangerous to go for any length of time without a connection.
I need someone who can find the errors of when the connection dropped, figure out why it is dropping, fix the ongoing connection issue, and setup the system to reconnect as soon as possible any time the connection drops in the future.
I need the system to be as safe as possible to responsibly run trading algorithms. If there is armageddon tomorrow, my cloud server needs to restart, create internet connection as quickly as possible, start the trading application, and continue without interruption.
I want to know what kind of latency it is producing?
If there are security patches that need to be addressed, please do so.
Some security guidelines for preparing the server are outlined below, however, being that the server is running from a macbook computer, some options may not be available. The following guidelines were created assuming a windows OS.
1. Setup the connection using an mstsc shortcut on your desktop. *When you first log into your VPS
check that you have been provided the right configuration.
2. Disable Windows Automatic Updates on the VPS: [Control Panel] -> [Automatic Updates]
3. Upload your files to the VPS using the "Local Resources" tab. Remember to disable drive sharing
when you are done.
4. Add the /admin key to your mstsc shortcut. This important step will help you avoid duplication of
trades on your Forex account.
5. Add the /v:"[url removed, login to view]" key to your mstsc shortcut for easy access to your VPS.
6. Enable Windows Autologin. Use the Regsetup tool supplied in this course to enhance the Windows
registry on your VPS.
7. Install the pre-configured Rebootlog tool to track VPS restarts.
8. Disable the Windows Shutdown Event Tracker. This will ensure that windows services do not
interfere with your setup.
9. Simulate a disaster on your VPS by restarting it through your web control panel.
If you are not experienced with these kinds of issues, please don't apply.
Make sure any firewalls have exceptions for the trading platform
Make sure any anti-virus programs have exceptions for the trading platform
7 freelancers are bidding on average $198 for this job
I'm a System Administrator experienced with MacOS and Windows since 2004. Contact me to discuss further. Relevant Skills and Experience Windows/MacOS Proposed Milestones $250 USD - Full project