I am looking for a quote to build a new website for a new gun store I am opening. I originally chose a contractor here on Elance and that has turned into a nightmare. He got kicked off of Elance and now I have paid for a website that does not work. So, I am going to be a very nervous client. Sadly, he was not even the cheapest quote I had.
Schedule is going to play a major role in this quote.
It is my assumption that the project will consist of 3 parts: Graphic approval, website design & layout, completion of website.
It is understood that I am a novice and though I have listed certain requirements, I most likely left out a lot of necessary items and /or information. I am relying on the chosen website developer to determine what a website needs to be a premium website that looks awesome, works well and is very user friendly.
Below please find the preliminary specification and pricing for each part of the project.
1. Design and construction of a new web site for my new gun store.
2. Website should include a new flash animated Intro Banner
3. Web pages design and layout (up to 10 pages),
4. Custom graphics creation that emphasizes a gun store. Website examples would be [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]
5. HTML coding, Java script, CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
6. Navigation buttons and links.
7. Search engines optimization - to increase traffic and inquiries from Internet visitors.
8. Website should include an on-line ecommerce store .
9. The ecommerce area should include an online catalog showing guns by the following specific categories (Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns, Tactical, Accessories.)
10. Please review the websites examples ([url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view]) to see how their catalogs we set up according to these same categories. I want mine set up the same way.
11. Buttons & links to include: Add to Cart, PayPal buttons/shopping cart set-up for each item. (Any other necessary links or buttons that are required)
12. Custom programming: Site will provide the ability to create user account, user name and password.
13. Website also will include a forum for members.
14. Website will also include a blog.
15. Website will be hosted on Go Daddy
16. Website shall also include and online calendar/schedule where site administrator can publish and maintain upcoming events and/or programs.
17. Website should include a media area for audio and/or video streaming.
18. Proposal should include a quote for web site updates / maintenance service,
19. I would like a quote for functions update, content and/or online store maintenance: $___________ per month (up to 10 hours of labor
20. What is your guaranteed response time for non-critical request, and can you respond within 12 hours for problems that affect the site performance.
21. Approximate start date of the project after selecting a bid immediate 2-3 weeks
22. Approximate budget allocated to the project will be between $500 and $1,000.