I opened a site earlier this year and have been working with a programmer that has been customizing the website for my needs.
I feel like every week the website just gets slower. My guess is that the programmer isn't optimizing for speed.
We've tried to fix it together, but I feel like I am wasting my time and money.
Let me explain the progress:
1. At the start the loading times were 4-5 seconds (caching was disabled)
2. Loading times grew to about 10 seconds
3. Loading times are now about 30 seconds
4. We've installed magento speed plugins and enabled all cache, but loading times are still 30+
Loading times now vary between 10 and 60 seconds.
* Provide details on what process you would take to complete this project so that the site will be optimized for mass scalability.
* Please provide a portfolio of sites that you have worked on to prove your expertise in Magento optimization.
The website is [Removed by [url removed, login to view] Admin]
Forgot to mention that all other pages such as category pages, blog etc. load in 2 seconds.
Only the product detail pages are slow. Also noticed that the checkout page is kinda slow.