I am seeking information from EXPERIENCED and PROVEN facebook developers.
I own and operate [url removed, login to view], a local entertainment website.
We have been planning for a long time to develop a social networking side to our website, similar to facebook. This would allow users to post comments about events, businesses, movies, and communicate with other users (among other things).
.... instead of developing our own social networking platform, we are interested in finding out if we could leverage faebook for this.
If someone came to [url removed, login to view] and wanted to post a comment about a business, or invite a friend to an event..etc, they would need to login to their facebook account. If the user is not a member of facebook, they would need to join facebook in order to fully use ThisCity.com.
This should not work like an application within facebook, [url removed, login to view] is to remain external from facebook. What we need is to somehow set things up so that people can use facebook as their 'passport' on ThisCity.com.
I am seeking information from EXPERIENCED and PROVEN facebook developers regarding this project. Please PM me and tell me in general terms how it would function, and also provide rough time and cost estimates for the project. DO NOT PM me unless you have examples of your work with facebook that you can give as proof of your knowledge and abilities.
Here are some examples of functions that would be required.
1. If a band wanted to post an event on ThisCity.com, they would login through their facebook account but then use ThisCity's event forms to create the event. The event would be posted on ThisCity, and also appear in their FB account. The user would be able to notify/invite their FB friends once the event is posted.
2. If a user wanted to post a review about a business, they would login through their facebook account and then either use the forms on thiscity to post the review.
3..... there are many many more possible examples. Eveything the user does should appear in their mini-feed on FB.
4. Every event posted on ThisCity.com would have 'I'm Attending' and 'Invite Friends' buttons. If a user clicked this, they would be asked to log into their facebook account to complete the action.
5. Every event would have a list of people who have said 'I'm Attending', people could then view this list to see the users who will be attending the event.
6. Bascially.... every function that can be performed on ThisCity.com, should be linked with the user's facebook account.
Also, every function that a user can perform within their facebook account that involves information that would be relevant to post on ThisCity.com, should be linked to and added to ThisCity (the user would require the ThisCity application for this)