Research Project that involves researching an organisation and its relevant industrial instruments (award and enterprise agreement). Students are to choose one business/employer from a selection of industries/sectors provided on Moodle.
Once the business/employer is chosen, the project will require students to:
1) compare certain provisions and conditions between the award and enterprise agreement for that business - and identify the benefits for employers and employees
2) interpret and apply certain provisions to a worker's scenario/roster to determine their weekly pay
3) identify one interesting/innovative provision within the enterprise agreement and discuss/analyse it
4) compare relevant provisions between the Australian award and the Labour Law of the UAE, where applicable, and highlight the differences and similarities between the two labour laws.
5) identify, discuss, and analyse a key employment relations issue(s) confronting this business in today's environment in Australia and/or the UAE. Link this issue with a relevant ER theory/school of thought/taxonomy.
BRIEF: You are the Employment Relations Manager for an organisation and have been instructed by your HR Director to conduct an analysis of your company’s enterprise agreement to see how it fares against the relevant award for your industry/sector. The purpose of this report is to inform your HR Director ahead of the round of negotiations for the next enterprise agreement, to ensure you are best equipped and prepared.
Students are to choose 1 of the 2 employers below - and the associated Enterprise Agreement and Award for your research project (choice of 3 employers).
1) BIGW: General Retail Industry Award 2020; BIGW Stores Agreement 2019
2) Australian National Hotels Pty Ltd t/a Wrest Point Hotel Casino: Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020; Wrest Point Hotel Casino Enterprise Agreement 2017
INSTRUCTIONS: Choose 1 of the 2 employers from the above list, conduct research and analysis that involves a comparison of the conditions and provisions within the Award and Enterprise Agreement for your chosen employer. The award and enterprise agreement for your chosen employer are available to download from the FWC website.
Go to: [login to view URL]
27 freelancers are bidding on average $80 for this job
Hi I have read the instructions and based on my extensive knowledge on the subject I can guarantee you quality and timely work. Feel free to contact me at any time.