Marcom Business Affairs (Vendor) - Japan
The Marcom Business Affairs role is responsible for maintaining industry relationships and for securing rights clearances in connection with the marketing of third party, rights-managed content for the Japanese region. This content is used in global / Japanese marketing communications including on [login to view URL], Apple Retail and Re-Seller marketing, direct marketing emails, social media, pr and events.
In this role, you will have a highly collaborative attitude and keep communication flowing efficiently to ensure rights are secured and processes are being followed with regards to licensing, production, clearance, etc. You will liaise with Producers, Brand Managers and Creatives to understand what the deliverables are, and how the content will be used, in order to negotiate appropriate usage rights. You will work closely with other teams within Apple, including the larger Business Affairs team, Marcom Content Production, as well as other content business and marketing leads across the organization. You will also work closely, when necessary, with Apple’s Legal group in researching trademark and legal issues, and providing the business context for contract negotiations.
• You are fluent speaking reading, writing both Japanese and English
• You have a minimum seven years of relevant experience in the advertising, entertainment, or other content focused industry and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• You have a deep knowledge and understanding of Apple technology (iPhone, iPad, apps, Mac, etc.)
• You have expertise in identifying potential legal issues and marketing sensitivities in Japan.
• You have proven strong communication skills and a calm approach
• You are a team player willing to work with staff at all levels
• You posses excellent problem-solving skills and pragmatic legal judgment
• You will be working with third party entities to secure consent and clear rights when necessary
• You will work to monitor and ensure compliance with procedures and policies with all third party rights cleared, including photos and publishing
• You will facilitate internal communication between teams so projects are moving forward (flag local legal issues, content constraints, timing, etc.)
• You will maintain communication with team leads to make sure information is flowing properly, action items are clear, and issues are escalated at the right time and to the right people
• You will help to educate teams on legal and third party content issues to ensure teams are working with appropriate content
• You will help to maintain business affairs process deck, releases, and trackers for all projects
Bachelors Degree required. Paralegal certificate or a JD is a plus."