There are two elements to this
1) To review incoming messages and have them added to the main database.
2) To be able to edit incoming and existing messages in the text editor.
There is one additional element
1) Is it possible to have an automated script (or cron job) to backup the database to an FTP site once a month?
Notes from discussions :
1. Create a new table, with the same structute like main. In this table will be received new messages. After the message is reviewed there is a button to copy it in main table or delete.
2. A script based on IMAP functions of PHP that will have acces to your mail. There are two otions to receive emails in table, regular with CRON function (at a specific time) or manualy, when you want to read new messages you press a button, script copy the messages from server and show it to you. I don't have experience with cron functions, but I think if you will be patient I will do this.
Refer 1.. Looks good.. What would be nice would be a list of all the messages. And then have a Tick Box at the left of each message. So can tick all the messages required.
At the bottom to have options buttons .. Select All, DeSelect All, Approve, Delete
Also to be able to edit the message (so to cut out spammers etc.)
I think you already did the Edit message part so this i feel good with this.
I think keep layout we have now.. Perhaps showing 25,50,100,ALL messages in the list at the same time.
Refer 2:... A button to Download new messages would be okay
When press, then if php can connect to a pop3 account and download the new messages into the new table (for reviewing ) .