We have a fan controller board with 7 fans (MR3010H12B1+6-RSR) that have 4 wire signalling. The board also has RS232 connectivity with a host board.
The embedded software:
1) Must be able to drive all fans at the same speed (no per fan speed control required).
2) Fan throttle must be 0%, 10%, 40%, 70% and 100%.
3) A status LED must be used to show the status of the drive.
4) Last set fan throttle must be kept in flash memory and after a power failure, the last set fan speed must be used.
5) RS232 must be used to communicate with a host system. The host system will have fan speed commands to send the board.
6) In case communication does not happen for more than 30 seconds, the system must throttle the fans to %100.
7) Input current sense pin must be checked to see if the provided power is good. If it is not the host system must be alerted.
8) All fan speed inputs must be watched and in case a fan does not work as requested the host system must be alerted.
9) Communication protocol with the fan can be a simple ASCII based protocol with CRC as the last byte.
10) Commands and erroneous commands must be handled correctly by the embedded software.
We need the embedded software written in C and Keil development environment.
Schematic of the board will be provided after the bid is accepted.
3 freelancers are bidding on average $210 for this job
Hello. It is not clear a bit what current do you want to measure? Fans' current? Do younhave sensor for it? And when you talk about Flash, do you mean EEPROM? Or you really need write it to flash?