The project is to manage an MS Access scheduler table [2 screens] (containing volunteer details), by multiple users simultaneously along with 3 reports which may be generated any any user simultaneously.
The first attachment is the structure of the main table. As shown in the sheet, there are 3 additional columns required: cphone char 15, nocontact Y/N, last_name char 30. You will need (if required) to create a shift required table.
Any person (volunteer/greeter) in the table, can opt to volunteer / greet, for taking part in various shifts for various days.
Possible days (of a month) are :
Every Alternate Monday
Every Alternate Tuesday
Every Alternate Wednesday
Every Alternate Thursday
Every Alternate Friday
Every Alternate Saturday
Every Alternate Sunday
First Monday of the month
Possible shift timings are (there should be the ability to add a new shift):
9am – 1pm
1pm – 5pm
5pm – 7:00pm
7:00pm – 10:30pm
These days and shifts can be multi-selected for any given volunteer.
A Person (Volunteer/greeter) with id 210, can opt to volunteer every Monday and Thursday for the 9am – 1pm and then for the 7:00pm – 10:30pm shifts
A Person (Volunteer) with id 352, can opt to volunteer every on the first and third Friday for the 9am – 1:00 pm and then for the 1:00pm – 5:00pm shifts.
A Person (Volunteer) with id 381, can opt to volunteer every on the first Monday for the 9am – 1:00 pm and then every Wednesday for the 1:00pm – 5:00pm shifts.
A Person (Volunteer) with id 452, can opt to volunteer every Sunday for the 9am – 1:00 pm and then for the 1:00pm – 5:00pm shifts and then the 5:00pm – 7:00pm and the 7:00pm – 10:30pm shifts. (ie. This volunteer can attend the whole day every sunday)
There will be a special processing for Volunteers who opt for alternate days (eg. Many volunteer for every alternate Fridays – Hence, for the first occurrence, the system will allocate the person to a particular Friday, and then his name will NOT appear the next Friday, but will again appear the Friday after that etc.
Data Entry Screen Required:
1. A screen to add/edit/delete a new shift (timings) [No requirement to create new days]
2. A screen to add/edit/delete volunteer information [Incl shift and day required] – it should automatically store the created date, and the last modified date.
1. Shift Report – As shown in [url removed, login to view] - Page 1 – selected for a particular period (generally a month), along with what shifts should show in the report.
2. A Volunteer call report: As shown in [url removed, login to view] - Page 2 – This is a report generated for a particular day (eg. Today they will generate this report for the day after tomorrow) – This will list the people (shift wize) that are scheduled to volunteer that day.
3. List of All volunteers [Area, Group, Name, Cphone, hphone, wphone, postal code, language, available, comments]with a given sort – (postal code, group, language)