PowerShell and VBScript based script for common maintenance tasks on our Windows servers:
- discover servers in Active Directory and ability to specifiy manual server list to process
- connect to servers with enabled firewall
- get all of the required updates, install them and log them into logfile with name, error code,...
- reboot the machine
- special install routine for RDS and XenApp Servers
- create detailed HTML reporting mail when all maintenance tasks finished for processed environment, e.g. installed updates, failed updates, free harddisk space on machines.
- script should be open to add future requirements
- some other minor requirements