We would like a totally new site. Here are some of the major needs:
• Updated look & descriptions (we will write).
• Shopping basket – the client can select a tour and add-on additional sites or hours to it. Specifically, they will select a tour, for example “Vatican Museums” which is 3 hours, but then they will be presented with options for extending the tour as well (extra sites, etc.). The system will have to have parameters on start times and days the tour is available. When the client is done, the booking form will record several fields (name, date, tour, etc.) and insert it to a calendar. The client will get an e-mail response. We would also like to do reminders before the tour via e-mail or SMS (client choice). The entire “shopping basket” will look and feel like a “itinerary” more than a basket.
• Suggestions – “You haven’t booked the Colosseum yet…try this tour…” as they check out. This will not be statistic-driven, we will tell it what to suggest based on what they have booked.
• Changeable prices – I would like to have a master price list that we can go in and modify quickly, which will update the website in each place that price is listed. (This could also be something included in the hosting – we just need the ability to modify fairly quickly.)
• A page of recommendations from our guides for restaurants, etc. This is also something we would like to be able to change and update.
• Downloadable mini-audio tours by our guides. A sort of free sample. (This isn’t urgent, but we would like it.)
• A mirror page without prices for travel agents or hotels (who add their own commission on top of our price). So they can show their clients things on our page without showing prices, also they can complete a booking and get an itinerary printed out without prices. I would also like each tour description from the website to be in a printable format with a print button so the agent can print the details of a single tour out for the client.
• We have a booking system for our guides which eventually we would like the website to link to so that it automatically schedules a guide when the tour is booked. The booking system stores the guides’ capabilities (languages, which tours they do, etc.) This isn’t urgent but for now we must have a schedule/calendar (something like an outlook calendar) with all the bookings.
• We would like to include a blog that our guides can update with Roman news, which will also hopefully add to our Google hits.
• Compatibility with travel sites such as expedia, viator, etc.
1 freelancer is bidding on average $5500 for this job
Hi, I'm a professional engineer I have 6 years of experience so the same program in C, C++, c#, java, asm, python, AutoLISP. I have extensive experience.