pls note - i am not talking about wake lock here, but about actually turning a screen on a screen
that is currently OFF .
The use case:
1. user turn on device
2. user opens angry birds or media player or whatever - but not our own apps!
3. user stops input for some time
4. screen goes black
5. our own background service or broadcast receiver or whatever is woken up and actually turns the screen
pls note that:
1. when screen goes of, and AFTER it goes off, the system fires the intent "android.intent.action.SCREEN_OFF"
2. i have tried using the Power hidden api:, but with no success..
[url removed, login to view];a=blob;f=core/java/android/os/[url removed, login to view] But i don't