Goal of the Project:
Develop generic USB webcam driver for Android 2.2 (Froyo).
1. A Fully functional USB webcam driver with standard APIs complying to Android platform.
2. Upon connecting a USB-webcam to a standard USB 2.0 host port of Android 2.2 tablet it should create /dev/video0 to provide the access to webcam.
1. Source Code for the driver.
2. A Pre-compiled driver binary.
3. A Sample Wrapper Test Application which will do the following in real time (min VGA -15fps):
- Opens a Display window
- Grabs video input from /dev/video0
- Displays the grabbed video fames on the Opened Display Window.
It Would be ideal if the driver is modeled on the following V4L2 linux based drivers from logitech
[url removed, login to view]
Or based on usb camera driver available in Android 3.x (Honeycomb)
Location: Bangalore, India
Pl. feel free to contact more for details...