There are numerous devices that can be controlled by SMS: Alarm, power supplies, car engine starter, baby monitor, etc. The control process usually implies 4 steps:
1. Activation SMS from phone to device - a user defined SMS with/without a code: "alarmstart password"
2. A confirmation SMS from device to phone: "the device is armed"
3. De-activation SMS from phone to device - e.g. "alarmstop password"
4. A confirmation SMS from device to phone: "the device is disarmed"
This application should simplify the classical process of activating/deactivating device by SMS by integrating these steps into a control panel:
1. Usage of on/off buttons for activation/deactivation
2. Usage of color/flickering for status
3. Usage of widgets for desktop control/status
4. Integration of multiple devices in one panel
Meanwhile, the application should offer additional features:
- programmable device (e.g. start device between x and y )
- widget personalization with name/picture
- password protection for device/control panel
- deactivate confirmation steps (2 and 4) - for devices that do not send confirmation SMS
The application should be as intuitive as possible with minimal steps to use it:
1. Download it from the Google Play
2. Add a device (name, phone number, activation sms text, confirmation sms text (optional), deactivation sms text, confirmation sms text (optional)
3. Save/Test/ Cancel/ Other setting (create widget/add picture/programmable device/password protection)
4. Add another device
5. General settings (application password, etc)
Control panel & widget bar could be similar to Android bar: Wi-fi/ Bluetooth/GPS/Silent Mode/Autorotation
1. When pressing the device button the application sends start device sms (e.g. "Activate alarm password"). The indicator turns green and starts flickering.
2. When receiving back a status SMS (e.g. "Alarm is armed") the button stops flickering and remains green
3. Pressing button again, the application sends message "stop device". The button turns gray and starts flickering.
4. Status indicator: When receiving back a status SMS (e.g. "Alarm is disarmed") the button stops flickering and remains gray
After validation the application will be available on Google Play. A minimum 3 months support is also required for the testing period (bug fixes/maintenance/minor modification).Future improvements are taken in consideration (language selection, additional features/iOS version), so the developer should be available for future collaboration.
Budget and timing:
The project deadline (Google Play launch) is 1st of August. The bided budget for the winner can suffer modifications only with both parties agreement. Please send your questions or other relevant info to (preferred) or Skype: razvanutza and
27 freelancers are bidding on average $636 for this job
Hi, I've read your job description and I'm very much interested in the project. We can make the work perfect for [login to view URL] look at PMB for more details. Regards! Amar
We have more than 6 years of experience in this field with our skillful team of designers and intelligent programmers working with primary goal of 100% work satisfaction. Please check PMB
Hello there I have some Experience with Automation from android via SMS/GPRS with different devices like cars,Alarm Systems and Security systems for homes with sms and [login to view URL] check your PMB