The basic idea of this is to allow a parent to create questions with up to 4 photo based answers. A toddler would then be able to run through the questions and select the answer. For all the times when you'd played the "Which one is the banana?" or "Touch the beach ball" type games. This one will allow you to add customized questions to the rotation, such as "Which one is Uncle Chris?" or "Which one is your bear?". A "wizard" should allow the parent to create a personalized game for the child without much hassle.
The game must have the following features:
- Ability to lock the complete UI, except the available buttons to prevent child from accessing phone or other services.
----- Code or touch pattern (touch 4 corners, for example) required to unlock phone.
- Ability to use photos saved to the phone for the button images
- Some stock questions, minimum of 25/maximum of 50, to be supplied
- "Wizard" type interface for adding custom questions
----- "Wizard" will allow parent to create a question ("Which one is an apple?") and upload 1 correct image and up to 3 incorrect images. Parents could use only 2 images, for example, to make the game easier for smaller children.
----- Questions should have up to 4 answers each, a button with a photo on it
----- Any photo on the phone can be used for the button images
----- Some stock photos/images to be supplied that can be used
----- Option to select which "Correct" mp3 to play, or use default (5 seconds max, or cut out after 5 seconds)
----- Questions must be saved and reuseable between game plays
- "Question Manager" type area for parent to use
----- Area to edit/delete previously created questions (even stock questions could be edited)
----- Could probably put the "Wizard" button or "Add Question" buttons here
- If incorrect image is pressed, red X appears over image
- If correct image is pressed, green circle over correct image and short mp3 is played (parent changeable) and next question is randomly loaded
It would be nice if...
- Ability to use the camera's phone in the "wizard" to take photos for the buttons
- Ability to read the text of the question to the child (text to speech) automatically (settings option), or by pressing a button that would be located to the right of the question at the top of the each question page
- The app created a "Toddler Challenge" gallery and added any photos in use by the game to it. This allows the user to easily see which images are in use by the application.
Please note, this phone should request the absolute minimum permissions of the phone. For example, there is no need to get GPS coordinates for this game, it should not request access to location services.