The purpose of this document is to provide a detailed description of creating the BCR application.
The scope of this specification is to define the business requirements of the customized solution for Business Card Reader.
Business Card Reader scans a picture of a business card, 'reads' it using text recognition technology and automatically fills in appropriate contact information fields in the iPhone address book and the image file of the card is attached, which can be easily checked and corrected.
- Business Requirement
We need to build a Business Card Reader (BCR) to generate iPhone contact details without using manual entry. BCR scans and reads the business card using new technology and enters the data into appropriate fields of the iPhone address book.
No more boring manual input of the names, phone numbers, emails and other information from business cards, BCR creates complete and accurate contact information on iPhone in a few seconds which Recognizes English, Arabic business cards.
Business Card Reader is planned to be of great value for anyone who communicates with many people in work or personal life. It s an excellent tool for business professionals, exhibitors at trade shows, exhibitions attendees and sales personnel.
- General Functional Features
-Easy to use and accurate
-Extracts both data and image
-Takes only few seconds per scan.
-Bilingual Reading (English Arabic)
-Transfer Contact data into iphone’s address book.
-Ability to determine the type of contact data: (Company Name, first Name, Last Name, Job title, land line #, fax #, cell #, [url removed, login to view], zipcode, location address, e-mail, website, etc, and transfer those to the corresponding fields in the i-phone address book.
-Attach image of the business card.
-Insert the business card image into a Business card holder
-Business card holder should be searchable (with any of the business cards fields like: Company name, first name, last name, address, job title, and so on …)
-Business Card Holder could be arranged into groups and categories
-User could make call, send an e-mail or SMS once taped on the related button on the card holder
-Should highlight uncertain fields and allow the user to edit and correct the information.
-Ability to send the business card as an e-mail: single BC or group(s) of BCs
-Link to Facebook, twitter, and other types of social networking tools
-Locate the contact on the map
-Merge with existing contacts already exists in the iphone’s address book
Scanning a business card is simple:
1. Place the business card on a flat surface
2. Good lighting is key: bright desk lamp or direct sunlight are necessary.
3. Make sure the camera is focused on the business card.
4. Hold the iPhone right above the card. Keep the card aligned with BCR viewfinder edges and adjust iPhone positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
5. Tap the screen to take the picture. wait until the card is scanned and processed.
6. Wait until the card is scanned and processed
7. After the recognition is done, you can check the results.
8. A new contact window will open with the details of the business card. You can edit and save it manually or scan another card.
9. Tap Save to add the contact into your iPhone address book
29 freelancers are bidding on average $1472 for this job
Hi, We are a big company and not a free lancer so can assure you timely and quality service. Already done application for business card. PS examples attached in PMB. Thanks, TeamValens