You're bidding on a project to build an unlockable level template/framework.
No artwork is needed and there is no game building involved. However a simple demo math quiz (1+1 = ?, 2+1 = ?) is required to complete the loop.
We need two sqlite databases, one to store level attributes, another to store highscores. Highscores DB starts out empty.
There are basically four screen views:
View-One: Level Displays
- this is generated based on Level-DB.
- three levels per page, swipe back/forward to show the previous/next three and so on. Repeat (back to first page) after end of page.
- each level (an ImageView) should be accompanied by "level name", "stars rating" and locked/unlocked icon.
View-Two: Selected Level
- this is the intermediate page after an unlocked level has been selected
- should display info such as "level name", "stars", "high scores" and "description", all from the two DBs.
- naturally, a start button at the bottom, and a "back button" to return to View-One
View-Three: Game Start
- this appears after the click on the start button
- on top of the screen, show "Timer", "Lives", "Current Scores" and "High Scores"
- display a math quiz, which is based on the attributes in Level-DB. eg Level-01 is addition from 1 to 3, Level 02 is 4-6 etc.
- "Timer" keeps counting the seconds
- "Lives" will be deducted for incorrect answer, game over after 3 failures
- "Current Scores" starts with zero
- "High Scores" is from the DB related to this level
View-Four: Game Over
- This appears either after all lives are lost, or the quiz is correctly completed
- Display current scores (determined by level-DB attributes, eg Level-01 gives 100 points, Level-02 gives 150 points etc)
- Display star rating (determined by level-DB attributes, judged by seconds spent)
- If this is a new highscore, record into the DB (use UPDATE or INSERT accordingly)
- If this is a new (better) star rating, record into the DB accordingly.
- Options to "return to main menu" or "continue to next unlocked level" (links to View-Two).
We're in the middle of scouting for a developer for the actual game building, if this project is done satisfactorily, we will award a separate project to the same developer to build the game.
Budget is US$150.
Just to clarify that this App shall be a universal App which works on both iPhone and iPad.