This project is for adding features to our existing Android app for our healthcare research project. You will be given the existing code if selected. The selected freelancer will be given a 1 hour explanation of the code before starting. This project includes 2 main points:
1) Convert the existing Bluetooth code to Bluetooth low energy code. Including scanning for devices, connecting to a device, sending and receiving messages to a HM-10 device with correct format. The HM10 continuously streams data to the Android device so it must be able to handle continuous input and run in the background of the phone when needed. It must also feature auto-connect to device upon startup and when it is within range. We have all these features already in the code for classic Bluetooth but need assistance in converting them to work with BLE devices.
2) The data from part 1 is tallied and stored in a database file at 1 minute intervals for each day of the week. Your job will be to check if a database for the current day exists when the user starts the app and append data to the existing database or create a new one if one does not exist. At the start of a new day the data from the previous day is stored in a separate table in the weekly table for the appropriate day e.g. TUESDAY. Then the database for Today is cleared and begins storing data for that day. At the end of each day the database is also uploaded to our firebase before it is cleared.
In order to undertake this project you MUST:
-Have access to a BLE device or HM10 module for complete testing
-Experience with Android and BLE coding
-Experience with storing/retreiving data from databases
-Experience with uploading/retrieving data from firebase
1) BLE code complete and tested with our device (25% of payment)
2) Database checking, storing and retrieval working with TODAY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY and YEARLY graphs (25% of payment)
3) Uploading/Retrieving code correctly with firebase (25% payment)
4) Comments explanation session with myself to understand the code (25% of payment)
We are happy to answer any questions, feel free to contact me.
Quality work on this project will lead to future work opportunities with our team.