I've written an Android app that's actually based on another app that also has an iOS equivalent, written by another developer who is not available to work on this one.
I'm looking for someone who can add the following enhancements:
1. Replaced Facebook authentication with Firebase Authentication.
2. Got rid of the Facebook interface. The app is no longer a Facebook app. Users may log in with a Gmail account or any other email address, using email links.
3. Replaced the server-side calls with Firebase Database and Messaging calls. The server code I wrote back then is no longer needed or used. Firebase handles everything.
4. Renamed the app P3nto and renamed the package to com.chiaramail.pento. P3nto is a brand-new app.
5. Incorporated in-app purchase to unlock Human-vs-Human play. The code base I used for P3nto was Five-to-Go Pro, so Five-to-Go and Five-to-Go Pro are no longer supported or available. P3nto is free but unless the user pays, they can only play against the app.
6. Added support for Crashlytics.
7. Fixed a bunch of bugs in the playing algorithm. The app is much stronger now than before, almost unbeatable.
8. Since the app is so strong now, I added a Search feature to enable the user, when playing the app, to search for words containing a certain String, or starting or ending with a given String. This gives the user a fighting chance against the app.
9. Changed the user intro to use Onboarding. This gives an easier-to-read overview of P3nto.
10. Changed some text strings for clarification.
The above list probably won't make much sense without the context of the original app, called Five-to-Go Pro, which was available in the App Store and on Google Play. It is imperative that whoever takes on this project will have had extensive experience programming Android apps in Java; experience writing Firebase Android apps would be a major plus. I will provide the Android source to show how I implemented the enhancements and expect that whoever works on this project will be able to easily read the code and make the necessary modifications to the iOS source (that I will also provide) to match the functionality of the Android app.
To review the Android app (P3nto), please send me your email address and I will send you an opt-in link to the app and a promo code to enable you to test all features.