We would like to modernize our legacy employee planning application.
For that purpose we want to include a mobile App as an alternative to the existing website.
Platform: Microsoft Xamarin C#
The app needs to be developed for both for iOS and for Android.
During App install:
- App users must select the store where they work. This will be done by store ID code.
- App users must enter username and password
- App users must select a language
- App users must log in with e-mail and password.
- App users must be able to consult their work schedule.
- App users must be able to consult, modify and remove their availability calendar. This is a calendar that indicates to the employer when they are willing / available to work.
- The App will show the name of the store + logo + telephone number + contact name + address + e-mail
- Specific App users must be able to accept or refuse new work schedules. If they refuse, they need to motivate that.
- App users must be able to send text messages to the planning administrator
- The planning administrator must be able to send text messages to the App user(s). A boolean will indicate that a message has been received by the app user. Another Boolean will indicate the message has been read by the App user. When there is a new message for the app user, the mobile will make a sound and vibrate.
- App users must be able to request vacation days. They will enter start date+time and end date+time. They will select the type of vacation. Also they can add some specific text to their request.
- App users must be able to cancel vacation requests while they are pending.
- App users must be able to consult the status of their vacation requests (denied/approved/pending). If the planning administrator refused and motivated his/her decision, then this will be made visible to the App user.
- App users must be able to consult their approved vacation schedules.
- App users must be able to see how much vacation they have left for each of the 3 types.
- App users can consult their past vacation schedules
- App users can change their own data: address, telephone number, home number, ICE contact and password
- Student App users can consult how many hours they have already worked in the active year. In addition, they app will tell them how many future work hours are planned for him/her.
- App users must be able to upload their picture
- If the App loses contact with the server, it should notify the user and cache the user's input until the connection can be restored. It needs to be very clear to the user what data was received by the server and what data was not.
Interface languages: The app must support 2 languages. Both can be English for the development, we will replace the strings with the appropriate languages ourselves.
Layout: Needs to be modern and appealing
To be clear about the back end / front end: The app will send HTTP POST requests to our server. The HTTP requests will include the App user input so the back end knows who is submitting and/or requesting what data.
The IIS server will respond with the appropriate data in JSON format. We will handle the IIS server responses, you need to handle and format the HTTP post requests. You need to display the JSON data in the UI
To be clear about the messaging: We have nothing in place for that today. We have SMS today but we really want to move away from that. So you must include everything required for this both front end and back end. It must be bi-directional like WhatsApp. If you need to use paid SDK, please mention that. We will need access to the chat from our server desktop application. Each store will have the ability to send private messages to the App users working for that store. And additionally each store will have one multi-user chat box for all App users that work for that store.
Please include all these specs in your quote. Once the budget is set, we need to stick to it.
119 freelancers are bidding on average €1447 for this job
Hello I am mobile expert and have experienced a lot. This project is very interesting for me and perfect fit with my skills. I would like to discuss more details with you. Hope to meet you soon. Best Regards
I have an experienced in house mobile and web design and development team and we will provide you best solution according to your requirement. Please let me know if you are interested to work with us.