Before placing a bid, I would expect the bidder to share a high level implementation plan with me and/or a timeline of deliveries.
I am looking for someone who can develop an app for both IOS and Android (native or hybrid).
You will be creating the backend, frontend, design backend DB for settings/user/password reset etc, UI and in app functionality.
The Intention of the app is to display information to users in near real time and it will be offered for users for free.
A few things that I want considered before you place a bid:
* As the information/data within the app will be provided near real time (less than a minute delay), i'd be interested to hear how you would implement a solution so users are not flooding the API with get requests unnecessarily. (Perhaps event base notification?)
* The UI needs to be sleek and user friendly - if you have examples of UI work you have done previously, that will help you get the job.
* The APP will make API calls and obtain some results which will be turned into information displayed within the app (I'll build the backend with API's based on the information you will require).
* Users are expected to seemlessly navigate within google maps from one view to another view for the specific data sets of information(certain information will allow further drill down). (more will be explained to the person who's awarded the job)
* Users will need to create their user and password (so preferences etc is stored for future use). Username is required to be set as their email address.
* The password must be stored in an encrypted form in a database. (Currently planning on using Postgresql for that purpose but happy to reconsider)
* The password must be stored with one way encryption(it will be used for authentication and upon creation).
* Users will have the ability to reset their password.
* When password gets resetted, a one time link is sent to the user's email address and the link is expected to expire after use. (no temporary passwords in text form)
* Users Profile information to be set (optional for users to update their gender, age, etc)
* Users will be able to elect to get notifications based on time for specific events (i.e 2,5,10,15,20 minutes ahead of time)
* Users will be able to elect to get notifications based on distance for specific events (i.e 2,5,10,15 kms away from the location of the event)
* Users will be able to color code certain events for easy visual
* Users will be able to register/subscribe to future events of similar type (based on days of week available at the time for the particular event)
* The app will have the option for users to provide feedback/suggestions for future improvements or a general contact option
* users will be able to add certain recurring events to their favorites (for easy access)
* Users will be able to see most recent events viewed (for easy access)
* There are a few more minor things to be developed, but the most critical parts are mentioned above.
If you think you can make this happen, provide some UI work you worked on and mention how you would suggest to implement API flooding prevention as mentioned in first point and place a bid.
Im sure you might have some other ideas/suggestions and im open to hear your feedback.
Thanks in advance