Pendo is a note taking app that supports notes with images, to-do, calendar parsing, contacts parsing and sharing, syncing with iCloud, and is currently available on iOS, macOS and Android. However, the Android version is very basic, and we want to bring it to (mostly) feature parity with iOS, which means there are these major components to be implemented:
1. Left side menu panel with expandable categories and switches, buttons and pickers
2. Tag adding, editing & displaying interface (the data model already has tags embedded)
3. Timeline top today button to scroll and mark today's notes
4. Timeline bottom category filters
5. Contact parser using regex for domain specific uses - we already have regex rules setup on iOS which can be mimicked.
6. Calendar date picker (parsing not necessary atm)
7. Snapshot the whole notes + images into a long image
8. Slide tutorials
9. Calendar view
10. We'd also want to update Retrofit from 1.9.0 to the latest 2.4.0, from our extended version of [login to view URL]
11. Improve To-do: currently cannot have multiple lines, and left & right swipe doesn’t work
12. Dark theme, as well as color list configured support for multiple themes
13. Font selection, and ability to pinch in note editing view to adjust font size
14. Search functionality in timeline
15. Passcode lock when starting app or leaving app for more than 20 seconds
Note that the current code base is a mix of Kotlin and Java, and we will use GitHub to manage the repository.
Please download Pendo on both iOS & Android to play with them and get a feeling, then you will see the difference and be able to gauge the work.