Many rowing clubs require that crews sign boats in and out for safety purposes: it allows anyone at the club to see who is still out on the river at any given time. Usually, this is done in a log book at the club. This project, codenamed ‘Lithium’ is to build a simple app that members of a rowing club can use to sign out and in digitally, replacing the physical log book. Minimum functionality required is to provide everything that the log book does, but there are plenty of opportunities to improve things with more functionality in future epics.
Source code for:
- Android version of the app
- iOs version of the app
- Application back end including database migration scripts
Specifically OUT OF SCOPE
- Any companion web site
- Art work for icons / UI
Functional Requirements (user stories)
- As a user I can sign up using Facebook
- As a user I can log in using Facebook
- As a user I can create a new club with me as the owner
- As a user I can request to be a member of an existing club
- As a club owner I can approve membership requests for that club, so that users become members when approved
- As a club administrator I can approve membership requests for that club, so that users become members when approved
- As a club administrator I can make any member an administrator for the club
- As a club owner I can make any member an administrator for the club
- As a club owner I can make another member the owner of the club, but there will only be one owner at a time
- As a club owner or administrator I can create a boat in the club
- As a club owner or administrator I can archive a boat in the club
- As a user I can sign out a club’s boat for a session, setting the expected time back and destination
- As a user I can sign a boat back in, with an optional free text notes section
None specifically noted
Ways of working
To follow Semantic Versioning ([url removed, login to view])
- Code to be managed using GitHub. Contributors must have a GitHub account, and will be added to a private repo for this work.
- All sensitive data (connection strings etc) to be kept in config files. These may be checked in during Epic 1 development, but a complete set of new sensitive data will be generated before deployment into any other environments.
Environments and Infrastructure
- The application(s) will be deployed using Microsoft Azure – a development environment will be made available, the developer(s) must have their own Azure account and permission will be granted for them to work in the development environment.
- The environment will have an SQL database and an Azure Mobile App instance. Other items can be added on request.
115 freelancers are bidding on average £1707 for this job
Hi Client, How are you? I have developed over 70 apps for 5 years. [login to view URL] I want to discuss with you in detail. Waiting your reply. Best regards, -MingFuCui