1. Definition of Business Need/Requirement
To remove the dependence of the central authenticating server for Efiling and CMS on the ITMS database. The table that contains usernames and passwords of the two systems resides in the ITMS database server. Hence the heavy weight ITMS database server is a single point of failure for both CMS and Efiling
2.1. Current Process and Service
Currently the ITMS database system contains several schemas. One of these schemas is called Efiling and contains local Efiling data. The Efiling schema has been granted rights to read/select from the RTMS schema. It’s in the RTMS schema that the table containing usernames and passwords called user_details resides.
The Efiling architecture consists of an authenticating and ticket management server as well as an application server. The authenticating server connects to two data sources being the ITMS database for access to usernames and passwords, as well as MySQL GALERA cluster for ticket maintenance.
The CMS architecture is such that the application authenticates its users through a web service interface with Efiling. The authentication data is still held in the ITMS database.
2.2. Current Technology Environment
The CAS server is running on a tomcat webserver connecting to an Oracle and MySQL database. Both the Efiling and CMS applications are running on a Jboss 6.4 application server
3. Validation of Project
Implementation of this will fully decouple authentication from Efiling and CMS applications. Outcomes/benefits will include the following:
• The instability/slowness/downtime of ITMS will not affect Efiling and CMS.
• Authentication will be more robust and reliable as the sever will have only one simple task to do.
4.1. Description of the technology and concepts to be used to achieve the business need
• The data in the user_details table currently on the RTMS schema will be dumped as SQL inserts, and the user_details table will be dropped from the RTMS schema.
• A replica of the user_details table will be created in the GALERA cluster currently used by the CAS application. The table will be created in each of the three nodes making up the GALERA cluster.
• The current web service interface for authentication between the Efiling and CMS applications will be decommissioned.
• A web service interface for handling authentication in to CMS will be created in CAS. CMS external registration is already done though Efiling, that will be left as is.
• A web service interfaces for push/pull of user registration data will be created on Efiling pointing to CAS. Likewise a similar web service interface will be created on the CAS application.
• The mode of authentication of the ITMS oracle forms application will not be touched and will remain as is. The oracle forms application maintains authentication data on a table separate to user_details, therefore CAS will not apply to this application
31 freelancers are bidding on average $54/hour for this job
I’m I can start your project right now, and can work full-time on your project as well. I wish we talk more about the project during interview. Please suggest a suitable time for discussion. Sincerely.