We’re a leading light in our industry, and are currently in the process of building out a new technology focused function. This new function wil provide superior business intelligence in the built environment / prop-tech space, comprising mobile and web based project management, data collection, and a set of back office tools that can maintain and analyse this data.
We’re looking for people that live and breathe technology, that are expert in their chosen set of skills but open minded enough to understand that there are always better tools around, and keen to be able to put them through their paces.
Our application is an offline ready web based application, using React and AWS AppSync / GraphQL, with a serverless backend and dynamoDB database, connected to an analytics engine which we’re yet to choose, but likely to be Kibana, AWS quicksight or Looker/Tableau.
Our developers are expected, and expect, to be able to take on interesting work across the full stack, rather than being pigeon holed to the backend or front end. Each team member is typically working as part of a team of three, tackling a large (1-3 month) initiative, and where necessary relevant training is provided.
We're looking for a senior developer that can take responsibility for one of the 3 person feature teams, that as well as being very hands on in AWS technologies & React, can work with the management team to groom the backlog, estimate tasks, ensure software is built on time and to an acceptable level of quality, and contribute to the overall technology strategy for the product.
We are experienced working as a distributed team - using best in class work management and communications tools to ensure everyone is involved in setting the direction, architecture and standards for the team, and in the design phase of new features. We hire at all levels from junior dev to team lead to ensure we have a balance of experience and opinions to help us make the best decisions.
We hold a team summit every six months and bring everyone to a single location for a week of teambuilding, training & knowledge sharing based around a hackathon. Recent retreats have been in London, Barcelona & Naples.
Our hiring process is fairly simple:
* Apply online, ensuring you give due consideration to the questions - this is your first chance to impress us, and we discard anyone that hasn’t taken the time to fill them in.
* If we feel you’re a fit, we’ll let you know pretty quickly
* Candidates we wish to learn more about are invited to complete a test task - this is a “real world” test, and usually takes the form of a contribution to a relevent open source project. You’ll design a solution with support from multiple members of our team, before pairing up with one of our developers to implement it.
* If we like the way you work, and you like us, we’ll hire you for a larger project (1-2 weeks, paid) to really get to know each other better.
* If this goes well, you’ll join the team on a permanent basis
We hope to hear from you soon!
1. What do you think about AppSync and GraphQL? What experience have you had with it?
2. We insist on automated deployment of all code, and are considering terraform and serverless for this project. What experience do you have of these or other similar tools.
3. What are your thoughts on automated testing? Which tools and techniques have you used, and how well did they go?
4. What experience do you have leading teams of developers? What do you think are your biggest strengths in leading a team? How do you ensure your team delivers at an acceptable pace and quality?
23 freelancers are bidding on average $23/hour for this job
Hi, I've read your job description and I believe I will make good fit for this position. I've done similar work in past. Hope to discuss further about this position. Best Regards