tool is supposed to work like this:
user wants to create a front panel (or some other piece of metal works).
He goes to my website, downloads the tool and opens it.
He creates a new project, defines the overall size of the metal piece, it's thickness, color etc.
He defines whether he wants to use milimeter or inch as measuring unit (or any other unit for that matter)
Then he gets to the main view where he can add a variety of shapes (text, lines, circles, squares, rounded squares, sub d boxes, etc) onto the canvas. Those shapes and all their attributes need to be customizable.
The user must be able to exactly position each shape in relation to either
- one of the corners
- any other shape
- any user-defined reference point
When the user is finished he adds the layout (and any other layouts he created) to his shopping cart, sets the number of desired items.
The layout is then sent to a webservice and a price is calculated in the software.
The user may then order items - after adding his shipping address and selecting shipment and manufacturing options.
- customizable maximum canvas size
- customizable material thickness available for selection
- customizable color options per material
- customizable shapes
- switching between measurement units (even after the project was created)
- load/save layouts
- communication with webservice