We need to create a small VB.Net or C# application of a talking head based on the 3D Engine MOGRE that:
- Loads a .mesh of a 3d Head with several poses (phonemes, expressions)
- Reads an XML file with a list of expressions to display based on a time table i.e:
Start 0.0; Expr Smile; Duration 30.0
Start 30.0; Expr Aah; Duration 0.1
Start 30.1; Expr W; Duration 0.2
- Play a .wav sound with the speach that has to be spoken (xml & wav should be already synced by the time table)
- Returns to the IDLE animation once the last expression has been displayed
- Cel Shading should be used
The application must be continuosly polling a folder that will be fed with the XML + Wav files and play them as soon as they are
found in that folder. Several files can appear at the same moment, with timestamp on their names to allow the proper sorting of
the sentences to pronounce.
We need it to run on a windows form.
We need it to be developed in VB.Net or C#
We do NOT need mouse nor keyboard interaction.
The application will run on laptops (DirectX rendering should be used)
We need the character to be embedded inside a window where we can open questionnaires or games based on the xml inputs.
We need to have a administration interface to upload the 3d animations with the preset phonems and expressions (so that we can use also different characters)
The idea is to use vertex morphing for the expressions/phonems and bones for the random eye blinking.
Suggestions are welcome!
Should you require any further information about the project, feel free to ask