The purpose of this project is to create a simple aspx page that retrieves and saves an image from Flickr based on user input into a Textbox.
This sample site should be written in [url removed, login to view] with c# and use code behind .cs files and classes. Source code should be heavily commented!
There are 3 components.
1. An aspx page that has a textbox and a submit button, an ajax indicator, and an image (blank until after the user clicks on the submit button)
2. A code behind .[url removed, login to view] file which takes the user input and passes the value to a class and returns a success/fail
3. A .cs class method which takes the user input and looks up the Flickr website for an image that best matches the text, and returns a bool value indicating success or failure (failed if no suitable images found)
The image has to be of a resolution 1:0.75. Eg 1000px wide by 750px high. Only one image is to be retrieved (probably the first?) and the image needs be saved into an /images/ folder.
1. User types in a string such as "visiting the grand canyon" and clicks on submit.
2. User sees an ajax indicator. In the background the site retrieves the first image from Flickr that matches "visiting the grand canyon" with a height/width ratio of 1:[url removed, login to view]
3. The image is saved onto the server (filename doesn't matter) and is displayed to the user underneath the submit button
1. The image should be 'safe' if possible, ie, no nudity
2. The image isn't stored in a database, but on the file system and retrieved via a standard URL. eg /images/[url removed, login to view]
I've attached a separate mock up design.