A central server or client based application should be able to collect the details as listed below and store all details in an XML file for later retrieval and display in a windows form.
No application should be installed on each client.
Following are the basic requirements:
1. Identify when a PC is connected any ware in the network in a given domain.
2. Identify when a PC have started or stopped in the network.
3. Get the list of PC in the network with the name and ip address of the network. If the pc has no static IP then get the dynamic IP.
4. Formulate a method for always identify a PC on the network which has dynamic IP.
5. If the IP address of the PC is changed, provide interface to update it and also implement capabilities to modify this automatically.
6. Provide interface to ready administrator userid and password of the domain and every individual PC on the network.
7. A simple XML file structure to store the access information of the pc should be created and updated.
8. System Information
a. Should have capability to get this information from Any version of
b. Get Complete system information
i. System details (Version, hardware, memory, etc…)
ii. Network details.
iii. Hard drives (logical and physical).
iv. Disk Drives.
v. DVD/CD Drives.
vi. Other removable media.
c. If any system password is changed, report the change or the actual problem why the system cannot be connected.
9. Folders and File
a. Get the list of folder and files on the PC for each
i. logical drive (Harddrives, Diskdrives, DVD/CD and removable)
b. If any of the machines have restricted folders, user should be prompted for the password and based on the provided password the folder and file details should be listed.
10. Should be able to get the list of active mail client’s mail boxes in the network (on any client)
b. Outlook Express
e. Pegasus Mail
User should be able to provide access right like user name and password for each of the item and it should be stored in the XML file along with the information.
11. Should be able to get the list of databases in the network (on any client)
a. Any RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, MySQL, MS SQL Server, …)
b. Version number of the database
12. List of applications installed on the machine (along with version numbers)
13. List of the applications currently running on the machine (Along with memory usage)
14. List of favourite and history in the internet settings on all browsers installed on the machine.
Serve will be deployed with .Net Framework 2.0 and the Desktop application should be able to do all these operations and display them with a network diagram.
On click of the PC, the access information should be provided (user name and password) using which the list of the folders/files should be provided (In tree format).
Should only be written in C# .Net 2.0 or 3.5 (Prefer 2.0)
For each operation a separate function should be created and proper Object Oriented Modular code should be practiced
Each function should be commented with complete functionality and parameter description.
Each variable used should be commented. Every line of code should be commented.
Code optimization is most important.
Should implement threading for reading information from multiple pc on network concurrently.
Should have an appealing GUI (Forms).
Performance of the application is given highest priority.
Will need to complete in 15 days.
12 days for coding and 3 days for review updates.
There will be code delivery every 3rd day (4 times and 1 for final delivery) for the code review.
Need to provide a windows application in working coding with all the possible functionalities listed above.
Will be paid if all the solution is achieved and working as expected.
Code Ownership will be transferred to me.
You are free to use the code not in whole but only in parts.
This modules is part (<1%) of a large application and if your first delivery is good you may be considered for few of the further modules. All future modules will be published in the website in parts and will need modular delivery. We will be integrating and generating the final version.
If the quality of work is not satisfactory or not to the required standards, we will cancel and will not release the payment and the work may be republished.
If it is successful, we may publish another unit of work just for you or others who are successful, giving this team the priority for bidding and will offer to others later.
We will give credit (publish your details with the software) and bonus for all the freelancers who helped us in completing the overall project.
Never try to contact us directly for any reason; we will be using this web site for publishing and payment. We will contact individual or institutions who are successful in delivering different module after final project is ready to deliver to collect your personal information for publishing.
Software: There will be more than 75 modules we will be publishing here all in C# .Net will span for 15 days to 2 months. Duration of all these efforts will be spread over 5-6 months.
Documentation: We will also publish and use this web site for building marketing documents and user manuals.
Presentations: We need few presentations built in Flash and PowerPoint for assisting sales of the software.