I'm looking for a .NET developer to develop a memorization Windows application for a client of mine. This application will be used to help memorize famous quotations and should use Visual Studio 2005, C#, and a MS Access 2003 database in the backend. This database should have two tables that look like the following:
- MemoryID (autonumber)
- Title (text 255)
- Memorize (memo)
- Category (text 255)
- DateCreated (date/time)
- ReviewID (autonumber)
- MemoryID (number)
- Errors (number)
- ReviewDuration (number)
- DateReviewed (date/time)
As for the windows form itself - I attached a screenshot to this project posting. Please be sure to view this attachment before continuing.
Now, here's how the application will work:
1. The first thing that the user will do is to select a category value which your code will pull into the <category> combobox from the [url removed, login to view] field - once the user makes a selection, then your code should randomly pull an entry from the DB that has the selected category value. Once this entry is selected by your code, your code should display the [url removed, login to view] value within the <Title> textbox on the form. And, should the "Preview Quotation" checkbox be checked, then the your code should also pull the [url removed, login to view] value into the <Memorize> textbox on the form. Should the "Preview Quotation" checkbox be unchecked, then the value from the <Memorize> textbox should disappear (or not display in the first place).
2. Should the user click on the "Shuffle" button, then your code should randomly select another entry with the corresponding category value and display the corresponding data on the windows form as described above in step 1.
3. When the user clicks on the "Start Review" button, then your code should start the timer which should display in the lower left corner as shown in the screenshot. Now, when a user types in a wrong character, then your code should briefly display a "Error" dialog box (1 second) then your code should move the cursor back to the location before the error deleting the character that was typed in error. Every time that the Error dialog box displays, the error counter should increase by 1 within the lower left corner of the application. For example, let's say that Quotation that the user is going to be practicing is, "A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have." And, so the user clicks the Start Review button and he starts typing "A friend o" - now since he typed in a "o" instead of a "i" the system will count this as an error and will delete the "o" so the user can try again. Of course, the user needs to type in everything correctly, including character case and punctuation.
4. After the error dialog box displays for three times per character, then your code should just type in the correct value at this point so the user can move along. Once all the characters have been typed in correctly then your code should finish the review session and write the results to the tblReview table within the database.
5. Once the user clicks on the "Start Review" button, then the button should display "STOP Review" - which when stopped, then random selection process can be started all over from the beginning.
Now, I will need all the source-code for this application to consider this project complete. If this project sounds like something that you'd be interested in, then I would love to hear from you. Real easy project for the right developer...
63 freelancers are bidding on average $155 for this job
I am an IT professional with 10 yrs experience. I have very good experience with VS 2005, .Net, C#, Ms-Access. I will provide quick & professional service.