The Mac Desktop Agent is a downloadable Mac application that will enable all MAC email2 users to send and receive secure messages, and also receive secure message delivery notifications.
What is email2?
email2 enables professional services organizations to securely send, receive, track and automate delivery of confidential email and large attachments outside the organization - without requiring staff or recipients to change their existing email.
The business objectives the Mac Desktop Agent are:
1. Build a desktop agent that is supported for all MAC users
2. Create the same functionally we have in the existing desktop agent for PC
3. Create a seamless installation process for the user
4. Alerts and Notifications for the user using “Growl”
5. Allow the user to configure their email and notification settings
6. Display a notification alert (growl + menu bar icon change) when there is a new secure message or notification
7. Allow the user to read the secure message in a new application window
8. Allow the user to send secure message within the application
9. Allow the user to mark message as read or unread
10. Allow the user to delete read message
11. Allow the user to move message to defined secure message folders
I would like you to provide me some details as to how you would build this app and what platform you would use. This way we can determine what is the best way to call our APIs and Web Services.
Please look at the "NOTIFY" application for Mac to get a better understanding of what we need in term of user functionality. PM me to discuss.