I need a Visual Studio 2010 C# freelance developer to build Application-Level Add-in for Excel 2007 and 2010. Strong experience with VSTO for Office 2007 and Office 2010 is required. Most work will involve Excel, but could extend into other Office applications in the future.
The Excel Add-In for a ad-hoc reporting application that does the following:
1. Adds a toolbar to the ribbon.
2. Allows a database connection string to be stored and reused as a data source.
3. Adds a new Excel function that will allow a user to access column data from the database data source as specified in parameters to the Excel function. The Excel function placed in a row should automatically copy the specified range of cells for every dataset element returned based on the criteria in the Excel function.
Allows for options in the function for specifying sort order, grouping, and filters.
4. Has dialogs and ribbons with a very clean GUI and that follow Microsoft guidelines for constancy with Office.
5. Allows the user to the workbook and reopen later to refresh with the latest data using the same parameters on the function.
6. Installs using a standard Windows installer should deploy the application following Windows best practices and support all versions of Windows supported by Office 2007 and Office 2010.
7. Extends the help system to include the new function and the ribbon use.
8. Includes written documentation on the installation, configuration and use of the Excel add-in.
This is a relatively simple project for someone the right skills and experience.