Title: .NET c# form running on Mono on Mac OSX won't quit on logout
My C# 2.0 winform application that runs on mono 2.4 or 2.6 on Mac OS X will not automatically quit when a user logs out or restarts or shuts down the Mac. Mono should also automaticaly quit.
I am developing on Windows using c# 2.0 and using VS [url removed, login to view]
The win form application works great on Windows and Mac but Mac hangs when trying to logout or restart and after about a minute Mac OS X tells me "Logout has timed out because the application mono failed to quit.... " and I have to do a manual force quit and select mono.
Issue #2: (bonus)
I would like mono to run invisibly (no faceless app/ DOS prompt) window in dock if possible.
I found a possible hint but do not know how to implement it. Please tell me how to do this.
Here is a link: [url removed, login to view]:_Winforms
And a hint:
How can I keep the terminal window ("dos prompt") from showing when my application runs?
You need to compile your application with -target:winexe, like this:
mcs -target:winexe [url removed, login to view]
- or -
gmcs -target:winexe [url removed, login to view]
1. Atatched is a Windows .NET 2.0 Windows Form application/solution called: MacMonoTest_App that is coded in c# 2.0 that compiles in Visual Studio [url removed, login to view] and runs on Windows XP or above or on Mac OS X.
2. Attached are the project notes (same as this description).
1. Please modify the project so that mono and the application shut down automatically when logging out of Mac OS X.
2. Try to also make mono run invisibly (bonus) in the apple dock without an icon.
3. Please send me the missing code and code notes with an explaination of what the problem is and what the solution is.
Installation and setup notes:
1. X11 must be installed prior to installing Mono on Mac OSX.
2. Install Mono 2.6 on Mac OS X (any of last 2 Mac versions is fine: 10.5 or 10.6)
3. If you like you can run [url removed, login to view] and log issues by creating an apple script (*.scpt) with contents:
do shell script "mono --debug '/MyFolder/[url removed, login to view]' &> '/MyFolder/[url removed, login to view]'"
4. For help see: [url removed, login to view]:OSX and [url removed, login to view]
1. Run the application on Windows and on Mac.
2. Logout of Windows or Mac with the applicaiton form (form1) still visible/running.
Current behaviour: mono and the application do not automatically quit.
Desired behaviour: mono and the application should automatically quit.
3. I would also like to get the "dos prompt" to not be visible.
Current behaviour: mono faceless app is in dock.
Desired behaviour: mono faceless app is not in dock.