I am looking for an experienced and knowledgeable all round technical support/tutor/advisor to be engaged on a casual basis, as required.
I need someone who is able to help me learn and become proficient in basic web host and web site setup and maintenance (see more detail below).
I expect that this would initially involve around 2-5 hours a week (perhaps 1 or 2 hours each session) over a number of weeks and then on a casual basis.
Interested parties must be able to demonstrate:
1. Excellent experience and knowledge of each of the areas listed below.
2. Excellent English language and communication skills (sessions will be conducted via chat client, or possibly VOIP if agreed)
3. High level of patience and genuine willingness to teach
4. The ability to teach or convey complicated or technical concepts effectively to a non-technical person.
Information to be covered will include:
1. Web hosting: windows & linux - general overview, account setup, maintenance. Subdomains, Redirects and forwarding. FTP. Transferring to a new host - migration etc
2. E-mail: general overview, Pop3, SMTP. Outlook/webmail etc
3. Domain Names/DNS: Nameserver setup, DNS Zone file setup, zone transfers and basic DNS overview. DNS Record types and their uses eg CNAME. Subdomains, setup and use.
4. Databases: MSSQL & MySQL - basic overview, setup, maintenance, backups and restores
5. General: Basic applications overview, eg Languages, advantages and disadvantages, compatibility, open source, CMS, DNN and similar etc
6. Internet/Web: General overview of current web technology eg, RSS, Web 2.0, Blogs etc
7. Other: Basic HTML, possibly some basic development using VB, .net, or other, SEO basics etc
Payment will be made on an hourly basis, to be paid at the end of each week, and we will both track & agree on the time spent each week, and agree on next session and subjects to be covered at the end of each session.
NOTE: Please only submit a bid if you have read and understood all of the requirements above and you can provide a good level of knowledge and teaching in each of the areas listed.