We need an online system for sharing photos, uploading images, creating and managing galleries, special features for professionals, simple tools for amateurs.
The site needs to be simple to use, our favourite is [url removed, login to view], although we prefer white background and we need features that are simple to use for amateurs.
A user should be able to create an account where they can store their photos, create folders and annotate individual photos and folders for the purpose of future searches. Each user has his/her private area which can be shared with others or kept private.
The site needs to operate in the Microsoft environment, preferably on MS SQL.
We need a fully functional web site.
Please provide references to similar projects. Only genuine offers please!
Time is of the essence. We would like to be online with our original collection of images as soon as possible!
Image Sharing web site – problem definition
The objective for the site is to be able to:
(1) Show galleries of photos
(2) Set up user (subscriber) accounts and in each account setup galleries of photos (with descriptions);
(3) Users can offer their photos for sale
(4) Users/subscribers can purchase photos, their own or others’ that they can find – a shopping cart
(5) Each user can manage more than one gallery of their own
(6) Users can open their gallerie(s) to select users or to everyone
(7) Search facility on descriptions of images (text/keywords, categories)
(8) Blogs area for users to join in
Over time this will grow into a big project with extra facilities for professionals, and training for amateurs , etc. First up we need to set up the site to upload and share images with secure access for privacy of users.
Ideally this should run on MS server, with MS SQL.
We need the graphics and all the software to drive the site. We need to keep the rights to the source code.
We are viewing this as a testing ground for further development. More work will be offered to the successful developer if they wish to continue on.