Project language: English
Environment: ASP.NET 2 (VS 2005) c# with MDB (2000 or XP) database
The work: building "open" code.
1. The module implements a simple common way in aspx to manage shopping cart.
2. The module should include common cart functions but not charging. For example:
a. - The ability to add more products, remove them, etc.
b. - Return to products module.
c. - Creating an administration menu.
3. Because the module doesn’t include online charging at this time, the info about each customer order will be both stored in the DB and send to the site owner by e-mail.
4. The module will be getting input from another module / main module: the product id and the current UserId. Those 2 will be sent by the session variables:
At the beginning of the process the code will check weather the current user is approved dealer. If yes that info will be held for rest of the process at session variable: IsTheCurrentUserDealer (yes/no)
5. Because depending on other module(s) the programmer should add also test form witch we can send the input information from it. The cart should function the same as getting real input from the product module, when getting that test input.
6. The shopping cart should have the customer name at the top, for example: "XXX's shopping cart."
7. The MDB or structure of it will be provided to the programmer. You may add fields or tables according to the need, but of course not to delete ones. You will probably have to add fields and tables regarding common cart operation
8. about sending email: a sample for this simple option may be delivered to the programmer in ASP version if needed
9. The programmer will be given a MASTER PAGE the style will be based on
10. The cart process will have what found at all common cart modules in other sites:
a. The ability to add products to the cart – return to the products module – continue shopping etc.
11. The info about a shopping in process (incomplete) will also be stored in the DB. The user may have the option to leave his cart and return to the same state to finish the process later. The date the cart was left will also be stored in the DB, so there must be an option to delete incomplete transactions using the cart administration menu. We will guide the programmer about this.
12. Please take into consideration other instructions that you may receive later, for example: how your code should communicate with the rest of the project (other modules).
13. We consider correct code ONLY if working properly on production server. Please take into consideration that our server may be part of a cluster (farm).
14. Using Skype is a significant advantage. Please mention if U can install and use Skype for chat.
Please state your quotation, and the maximum amount of time you will need to finish the project.
16 freelancers are bidding on average $210 for this job
Outstanding reputation for meeting demanding deadlines and delivering critical solutions on various levels. Positive orientation to expand present knowledge base.