Legacy Paradox 5 database to MSSQL converter implemented as a windows service. (Implementation in C#)
Synopsis of required application:
1. Application will run as a windows service, which will run once per day.
2. Application will copy a working directory containing Paradox database files to a temporary directory.
3. Working with the temporary copy of the Paradox database files created in (2) the application will recursively work through the database files and transfer the tables and content to a 'staging' MSSQL database.
A copy of the Paradox database will be supplied (subject to an indemnity form being received - the information contained within the database MUST be treated as confidential)
The structure of the MSSQL (Express) database tables will be an exact replica of the Paradox tables. (It is my intention to write SQL scripts to perform translation into a set of reporting tables - this part is out of scope for this project).
There are approximately 5000 enquiries in the database, and approximately 1000 sets of customer booking information.
It would be useful if the bidder had some experience of setting up Paradox ODBC connections and working with them with the .NET framework - I have had difficulty in implementing this part of the project myself, though I suspect this would be easy to achieve for the correctly experienced coder.
The winning bidder MUST be contactable by phone and preferably also MSN. The winning bidder must communicate with me in English.
Thank you for your attention, I look forward to receiving your bids and I am very happy to provide you with additional information as required.
This is a small project and could justifyably be placed in the under $100 bracket - however I am willing to accept a higher amount in order to attract good quality application coders.
Any example information you can give me would be appreciated- please note it's not enough simply to state 'I can do this' - I need some examples of previous projects or other work to substantiate this - even if this is just a brief description of some other successful projects you have been involved with.
Following some (welcome) constructive bids, I'd like to make the following changes/clarifications to this project request.
1. This application does not need to be implemented as a windows service. It can of course be more easily scheduled with Task Scheduler.
2. Foreign key constraints on tables do not need to be implemented - only the table structure and data need to be copied.