I help manage a technical helpdesk.
Recently my company has begun using AutoTask PSA as our helpdesk - however we're not using the additional ($) functionality which has an agent run on each computer and report back to our PSA (helpdesk).
So, we have to enter much of the data manually, and we can't use the helpesk to it's fullest.
We'd like a powershell module (I say module instead of script because we want to be able to expand upon this module in the future)
The module needs to:
1. Run as a task (windows task scheduler)
2. Scan a defined IP address range (may change per site, or have multiple ranges)
3. Collect Data in a secure method
4. Compile Data
5. Connect to Restful API using client (unique) credentials
6. Potentially download restful API data to match up fields (or, we can help with this during creation process as the fields can be set, or reference templates downloaded)
7. Update via REST api, log data so it can be reviewed locally if needed (a log per instance with eventual trimming).
- Powershell and potentially POSHGui
- Knowledge of Powershell Modules as they relate to POSHGui and this task's intent
- Writes in such a way that powershell novices can add to without messing things up (modules)
- WMI queries, SNMP queries
- REST API interactions to include ensuring that updates sent about a device are matched to the proper device on the API receiving side of things.
- Some knowledge of AD as they relate to storied / progressive permissions would be helpful (running task as user, but task item has access to credentials which allow it to log into said devices)
It may be helpful for me to note: since we manage these sites and API, if there's a change to be made which makes this task easier (like setting up specific ports / IP rules, setting up accounts, modifying / creating data on the API side) - we just need to be asked. I hope this makes completing this task to our hopes/desires/dreams/expectations more approachable.
Ideally (but not necessarily) whomever we hired for this task would become our go-to for updating the module in the future.
Eventually we'd want this module to not only do scanning and updating of our current resources, but our potential resources as well. I dream that our sales person or level 1 tech can go on a site with this very same powershell module and instead of setting it to scan and report automatically, can be set to scan and report to a beautiful report, or instead find issues, or differences.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $43/hour for this job
Hi, There Senior Systems Engineer here. I would like to complete this project for you. I can provide you with certifications as well. Please let me know when you're available to discuss further.