Selecting a small or middle-sized company in one of these areas: agriculture, education, healthcare, financial, manufacturing, professional services, retail, technology, service providers, or utilities and write a case study about executive summary company, business challenge, the design of new solutions and conclusions. (2 points)
Short description of the company ( a type of industry, name, location, no. of employees, annual volume or turnover).
Description of the current state of the network solution.
Analysis of business challenges in the company, and design
of new network solution for the company.
The design of the network must cover these aspects:
- number of users,
- the geographical location of headquarters and departments,
- number and type of servers,
- list of needed network services,
- design the topology of the network,
- plan of the addressing scheme for the network with respect to the locations, departments, and number of computers,
- selection of network cabling,
- a set of parameters of company Ethernet (speed, protocol, media),
- financial costs analysis of the solution including labour costs,
- visualize both networks in the logical structure of the network (previous and new) - use some drawing tool (Visio, Smart Draw, MS Word)
- summarize expected business results based on your solution,
- make practical recommendations for the case.