//We're looking to work with Independent Developers only. Do not apply if you're an agency or company.
We are developing an iPad app for publishing magazines on the Apple's Newsstand. The app includes 2 major parts: Kiosk and Reader.
We are developing the app ourselves and almost completed the "Reader" module. However, because of time shortage, we require an iOS developer to help and develop the "Kiosk" module for us.
The function of the Kiosk will allow the user to browse the catalogue, buy subscriptions (or a single issue) and provide a LOGIN button for member/subscriber who have already subscribed to the magazine (from the magazine seller's website) to access and download their contents. Please refer to the GoodFood magazine [url removed, login to view] for similar look and functionalities of the "Kiosk" that we want. In the mentioned example, the Kiosk part includes "Store" and "My Library".
1. Apple Push Notification Service
2. Newsstand - ability to do push notification and auto downloads of subscriptions even if app is not running (background download).
3. In-App-Purchase: Non-consumable products.
4. In-App Subscription: Auto-renewable subscriptions.
5. The app will interact with a server to process all requests raised from the user interface and/or app's background tasks.
NOTE: The developer doesn't need to write the server side codes, but he/she should code the "placeholder" for the tasks that requires communication with server side.
1. You must have built an iPhone or iPad app before.
2. You must have built an Apple Newsstand App before (please provide sample of your work).
3. You must have experience with APNS, Newsstand, and In-App-Purchase.
- Before we consider hiring a candiate, they would need to provide a live example of thier previous work (app) on the Apple Store.
- For qualified candidate, we will provide
1. A mockup for the desired Kiosk to develop
2. The data structures and procedures in communicating with server side.
3. Additional information in development process.
Please note that we need you to develop just the KIOSK module NOT the whole app.
3 freelancers are bidding on average $592 for this job
Hi, I've read your job description and I'm very interested in the [login to view URL] can make the work perfect for [login to view URL] look at your PMB for more details. Regards!