Hello fellow Mac developers. I'm a Mac developer and UI designer. I'm looking for a skilled Xcode Mac developer who is very comfortable with Core Animation, Google API's, and Mac Apps (please do not apply if you haven't created a Mac App with Core Animation. I'm not interested in working with an iOS developer). Looking for a Mac dev to make a gmail email app for Mac. In the future, I might want to add the ability for other types of email accounts. It's important to not hardcode gmail api's so in the future we can easily add other types of accounts. Use Core Animation to create an app that gives the user a much more fluid experience. There is an app on the Mac called "Reeder." The fluid animation this app has is what I'm looking for and more... Here is a youtube video at a specified time animations happen. [url removed, login to view]
The UI for the gmail mac app is completed in photoshop. I expect to be able to send you the UI with a spec sheet and for you to go build the app with one or two revs a week sent to me in Xcode. We can work that out together.
• View all your gmail email and separate mailbox folders in a super fast and light email app.
• Drag an email to add it to a mailbox folder
• Search all emails super fast - can search inside attachments
• Add a contact as a favorite
• View only favorites mailbox
• Syncs contacts including auto-complete contacts
• Reply in line with message
• Flag emails (sync current flags)
• Download all attachments or view photos in a built-in quicklook slideshow
• Add signatures
• Customize keyboard shortcuts for many actions
• Multiple gmail accounts with one unified inbox
• Compose an email from anywhere even if you're in another app
• View emails from the last 24 hours that you haven't responded to
• View emails offline and when offline and replying to an email, email will be sent once back online.
• Other smart folders
• Group emails by conversation
• vcard and vcal support
• "send any email 30 seconds after I push send" - giving the user the ability to "undo" a sent email
• Do not disturb for a certain number of minutes/hours
• Do not load remote content unless specified
• Gestures like pinch to zoom into pictures, two finger swipes to the next or previous email, two finger swiping over an email to delete or mark as unread, are also desired for a better experience.
• Code must be written in Obj C
• Code must be clear with comments in English
• No hard coded strings: Separate for localizing
• Final delivered asset is an Xcode project file with the entire app functioning with no warnings or errors. All code cannot be reused for another project and 100% ownership is transferred to me once the payment has been made.
• Print email or share photo attachments on facebook or twitter (using built in api's) - Very minimal code required.
• And some other unique features.
For more information, please write a private message. Freelancer's that send proof of their core animation skills with a Mac app (e.g. examples, portfolio, etc...) will be taken into consideration with priority.
Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your prior work.