I. Project Goal - To keep track of customer relations, including all emails sent to & from customers, all orders placed by customer, all support tickets opened by customer, all returns created by customer.
1) Linking accounts – All accounts should be linked from vtiger to oscommerce by using the same database table. All accounts that exist in OSC should exist in vtiger, including billing & shipping address.
2) Orders – All orders by a customer (account) should be viewable when viewing a customers account. The required info should include order date, order product_name, order quantity, order product_vpn (Vendor part number), order price, order shipping method, order tracking number link (editable), a button to edit_orders, payment method.
3) New Customer – When creating an account in vtiger, an account should be created in oscommerce, because they should be using the same table.
4. New Order – We take phone orders. After creating a new customer, we create a new order, which uses a version of edit_orders.php. We then charge the order through [url removed, login to view] (the payment button). We need to be able to create an order & charge it, after creating a new customer, or using an existing customer.
5) email – all emails should be pulled from inbox and sent items, and posted to customers account inside vtiger. We will need mailbox support for our general email deliver () and individual users. All email correspondence should be recorded from any user on our mail server (exchange with IMAP support), and appended to the customers account in vtiger
6) all support tickets should be linked to vtiger account. When viewing a customers account, we should have click access to the support ticket linked to that customer account. Also, When a new ticket is present, staff should be able to respond to, and close tickets through vtiger either by integrating in vtigers current support ticket system, or simple referring to the existing support system.
7) customer returns section – All returns should be viewable when viewing on a customers account in vtiger. Also, staff will need access modify the returns through current osc admin functionality.
8. Invoicing – Using the current vtiger invoicing, we need to be able to generate a receipt/invoice for a customers order and email it to them.
9. Products – no product functionality is needed except for reports
10. Reports – I should be the only on with access to this. It may be better for me to work on this functionality through the current osc admin. I will need a link, visible only to me, for reporting features currently in OSC’s admin. Here are the reports that will need to be created.
a) Orders by VPN, per month, year
b) Order totals to vendor (cost per vendor (located in the products table) plus shipping cost specified by vendor in their admin). These two should be totaled to create a custom report, daily & weekly.
11. New Orders – we will need to view the current orders.php. This will allow us to view new orders, and assign them through [url removed, login to view]
12. auctionblox – We simply need a link to the current auctionblox functionality within OSC
13. Live chat functionality – We need a toggle switch (exists in the current admin) to turn off/on live chat. This functionality will simply need to be imported into vtiger. Also, we need a link to the livechat application itself imported into vtiger. This is located in the admin/includes/[url removed, login to view]
14. Bulk Mass Email Communications – templates & queries
a) To contact customers with a letter generated by their account representative from a template, which introduces the account representative and offers a resource for support with their order, from a person (al approach)
b) To contact previous customers with orders who have not had any support requests or returns, with a letter to re-order supplies for their particular printer (per previous order)
c) To contact customer who have an account, but do not have any orders. These customers should receive an templated email asking if there is anything we can help them to find, form an account representative.
d) To contact customers who have placed more than one order, and thank them for our business.
e) To offer discounts to customers who have placed an order, and may wish to re-order. Upon sending them a discount email, we would like to flag their user account to give a certain percentage off of their future orders. We will need a customer loyalty discount contrib. installed on OSC.