We are an innovative iOT startup that is currently developing a product line of smart thermal products called ThermoThink.
Our current products are a heated jacket and a heated seat.
Our goal is to build a low cost yet high-performance PCB with embedded BLE microprocessor chip and temp sensor module that (1) powers carbon fiber heat pads and (2) feeds real time temp data to a mobile app which is also used to send commands back to the microprocessor for custom thermal control.
We have already contracted with a previous engineer that assisted in following tasks:
1) Designed the PCB
2) Selected the battery
3) Performed initial bench testing for the PCB with the heaters
4) Designed a very thin and lightweight case enclosure that is 95% complete
5) Started firmware programming
The PCB utilizes the Rigado BMD-350 BLE microprocessor module and has an on-board temperature sensor. The PCB connects to carbon fiber heat pads that are built to handle 12v / .7A each (33W output).
We also have already designed and built apps in both iOS and Android but small adjustments may be needed to communicate with the Rigado BMD-350. The app just needs a few modifications to the user interface will be used for the following:
1. Reads on-board temp sensor continuously and displays the data
2. Displays the battery life
2. Controls heats dynamically -- controlled by dial control on the app
3. Has an auto-mode that can automatically adjust heat output based on the users pre-defined desired temp range using PID.
We need the PCB circuit and battery to be capable of producing sufficient heat to beat the competition and a long duration that also beats the competition. Competitor benchmarks will be provided.
Unfortunately, the engineer that started our project had schedule changes prohibiting him from continuing so we need to transition our project to another engineer to help finish it.
We currently have a golden PCB board built that can be reviewed/analyzed and will provide that along with the PCB/Enclosure/Firmware design files and heating units.
Our goal is to finish this project including the following deliverables:
1) Final PCB design files that fix known issues and provide minimum viable product for the goals noted above
2. Final enclosure design file to fit the PCB application with the goal of being thin and lightweight
3. Final firmware files for the goals noted above
4. Final apps that integrate with BLE module to read sensors, read battery life, control dynamic heat and control auto mode.
1) Fully functional PCBs samples that connect to the sensor, heat pads and app and provide full functionality per requirements
2) 3D print prototype enclosure that is ready for manufacturing
3) Custom battery that is attached the PCB and ready for testing
4) Custom USB connector that connects sensors and heaters to the PCB/Battery controller
iOS and Android Apps that can perform the full range of functions noted above to read the temp/humidity sensors, battery life, provide dynamic heat output and a fully functional auto mode.