I need a scrape of every Rotten Tomatoes movie score (several thousand films) for an academic project. The list of films on the Rotten Tomatoes site begins at the following link:
[url removed, login to view]
Each link on the page leads to a more complete list of links that, in turn, lead to the movie page with the score.
I want an Access database constructed that has two tables. The first worksheet/table contains the following columns:
1) Film ID (completely arbitrary...just assign one. It is for use on the next worksheet)
2) Film title and year combined (as on the web page e.g. "12 Angry Men (1957)"
3) Film title only
4) Film year only
3) Runtime (in number of minutes)
4) Box Office (if $0 leave blank)
6) T-Meter critics score (the one that appears initially)
7) Top critics score (comes from clicking "Top critics" tab
7) RT Community score (comes from clicking "RT community" tab)
The second worksheet needs all of the starring/director/screenwriter/producer/composer etc. names. There should only be three fields on this table:
1) Name (one name per row)
2) Role (e.g. starring/director/screenwriter etc.)
3) Film ID that was assigned on the first table
There will be lots of missing values on the first table. Just leave these fields blank.